Karate Club — Proudly Serving the El Paso Area Since 1988
- Not only El Paso’s best, but we’re also America’s Best Karate!
- Our top-rated trainers help students succeed
- We are a highly reviewed karate academy
- Local martial arts instructors understand the needs of students
- If you’re looking for results, you’ve come to the right place!
- Contact us today to learn about our special prices
- We’re incredibly proud of our positive ratings
- Check out the reviews left by our students
- If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to call!
- Contact us today to learn more about our events
- Take a look at testimonials from our students
America’s Best Karate: El Paso’s Longest-Standing Karate Club
America’s Best Karate has provided the El Paso area with high-quality karate lessons since 1988. Throughout our 30-year history, we’ve helped to mold our students into becoming confident, respectful people. America’s Best Karate has been around the longest, and for good reason! We focus on the student’s progress.
Talented Instructors Make Each Lesson a Fun Adventure
America’s Best Karate team is made up of talented instructors who make each lesson fun and exciting while focusing on positive character development. Unlike other sports, karate focuses on life skills such as self-discipline and confidence. The belt system of karate separates us from other sports such as soccer or tee-ball. The belts, which range from white to black, exemplify a path, a progression from beginning to enlightenment. As lofty as that may sound, the karate lessons will always be fun and engaging so your children will be completely enthralled. It’s not all fun and games, however. Parents will see the positive impact of karate in the life of their child. Our students come from many walks of life. Whether your child is spending too much time on video games or suffering from low self-esteem, karate can help.
The Belt System: The Meaning Behind the Colors
Karate is well known for its belt system. Ranging from white all the way to black, the belts signify growth and advancement in the art form. The colors themselves, however, have a much more poetic backstory. Here, we’ll go through the nine color ranking and we’ll explain what each color represents.
- White Belt: The color white represents the beginning, or birth, of a seed. The white belt, then, signifies the start of life’s cycle. The student who wears the white belt is seen as a seed that lies beneath the snow.
- Yellow Belt: In order for a seed to grow, it requires sunlight. The yellow belt represents the first rays of sunshine, heralding a brand new day. This light gives the seed the strength it requires in order to begin its new life. In karate, the yellow belt represents the first ray of knowledge. The instructor gives this belt to the student when the student’s mind is open to new knowledge.
- Orange Belt: As the sun’s rays get warmer and stronger, they provide warmth to the ground wherein the seed is ready to grow in the springtime. This belt represents the student’s mind and body readying itself to develop.
- Green Belt: The color green represents the seed’s growth, sprouting from the earth and reaching towards the sun’s rays. The green belt is given to the student who has learned to strengthen and refine the technique.
- Blue Belt: Blue belt students, much like the plant that grows towards the bright and blue sky, move higher up in the class’s rank. The student is prepared for more knowledge as the body and mind develops and grows.
- Purple Belt: As the sun sets on the horizon, the blue sky changes to purple. The purple belt represents this change. Students change and prepare to transition into the more advanced levels of karate. It is at this point where the student begins to understand the importance of the black belt.
- Brown Belt: Now that the seed has ripened and matured, it’s time for the harvest. The brown belt, then, represents the maturation of the student’s karate techniques. It is at this point that the student begins to understand the fruit of hard work.
- Red Belt: Red is often used to signify the “red-hot” heat of passion. Students who achieve the red belt have acquired in-depth knowledge, much like a plant that continues to grow towards the sun. Red belt students learn to be cautious with the knowledge and abilities they’ve gained.
- Black Belt: Once the student has reached beyond the sun, it’s time to delve deeper into the martial art. The profundity of karate leads the student to become a teacher, planting new seeds and helping them grow. Although this is the final belt color, students remain on a never-ending path of self-growth, perseverance, and enlightenment.
Become a Part of America’s Best Karate, Today!
America’s Best Karate is proud to be a part of the Black Belt Schools of America. This means that if you have to move to a different town or state, we’ll be able to find a karate academy that’s part of Black Belt Schools of America so your child will be able to continue on the path of enlightenment and self-growth. If you’d like to learn more about what we have to offer, don’t hesitate to give our team a call!
If you’re looking for information about the best Karate programs in El Paso and surrounding areas (like Horizon City, Socorro, and San Eilzario), you’ve come to the right place. America's Best Karate will empower you with the self-defense and self-improvement programs you’ve been searching for!
To learn more about America's Best Karate,
call us at (915) 857-3181
Or Visit: We are conveniently located at
2230 N Zaragoza RD #105
El Paso, TX 79938
so you, your friends, colleagues, and the entire family can train in a
convenient, safe, clean, professional, welcoming environment.